Sunday, April 17, 2005
Wanted
posted by: salam max at 1:17 PM

A friend of mine got arrested on Friday night. He was wanted, apparently.

Well, I wanted him to come to a party on Saturday. I wanted to get around to scanning some of his artwork to post up on this site. I wanted to hear more stories from him and his friends about their adventures in Ramallah. All of us here wanted to see him do well at University and go on to a better life after being stuck in a miserable refugee camp in Bethlehem.

But the Israeli army wanted him in prison. And what they want, not us, is what really counts over here. I don't know when I'll see him again, only the State of Israel know that.

Photo from a Freedom for Prisoners protest in Bethlehem, one face among many, by peacerider.
0 Comments

Post a Comment

Return to Main Page